From insurance forms to prescription instructions, healthcare patients and
workers have a large array of literature and forms that they must deal
with everyday. Determining whether these documents are too difficult
for your patients to read is vital. Readability Studio offers the
analytical tools to discover the reading levels of your patient
materials, as well as providing features to assist with improving your
documents to meet your target audience. Readability Studio includes many
of the tests commonly used by the healthcare industry, such as:
- New Dale-Chall—useful for most text.
- SMOG—useful for most text and tests for
100% comprehension, whereas most formulas test for around 50%-75%
- Flesch Reading Ease—useful for most text
and is a standard used by many U.S. government agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Gunning Fog—useful for business publications and journals.
- New Fog Count—useful for technical documents and manuals.
- FORCAST—useful for technical manuals and
forms. It is the only test not designed for running narrative, so it is mostly
appropriate for multiple-choice quizzes, applications, entrance forms,
- Fry Graph—useful for most text, including literature and technical documents.
- Raygor Estimate Graph—useful for most text, including literature and technical documents.